Love, empathy, tolerance--also puppies, flowers, and laundry

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Loving Bright Star

I love romances and biographies and movies.  Combine them and you get Bright Star.  (Think Twilight--but with better couture, set in England and one of the lovers dies.)

If you like Jane Austen novels, views of the English countryside, period costumes and evocative music, I think you'll enjoy this movie about John Keats.  Even if you're not a poetry lover.  Although after hearing Keats tell Fanny that poetry is like being in a lake (a leisurely experience rather than a race to your destination) I think I may grab a book of poetry the next time grey clouds gather.  Hearing his poetry spoken is sensual overload.  (That would be me swooning.)



Two trailers.  Sigh, I am enamored of this film.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever--and so is Bright Star.  I think this is one I'm going to put on my wishlist so I can watch it over and over.

1 comment:

  1. I am a sucker for anything British and adore Jane Austen so this looks like it is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete